Monday, September 26, 2011

Leader of the Week - Heather Houston!

My name is Heather Houston, and I grew up in Grove City, OH. I graduated from Central Crossing High School in 2007. From there, I continued my education at Miami University in Oxford, OH in August of 2007. My junior year at Miami University, I became the mother to a beautiful baby boy. I told myself that I had to push on for his sake and that I had to finish college on time, despite becoming a single mother. I kept positive through school and even attended my first semester of summer classes in my entire education career. I graduated on May 7, 2011 with a Bachelor's Degree in Adolescent Young Adult English Education.

I moved back to Grove City, OH upon graduating college and worked as a certified pharmacy technician. I realized that there were very few areas for advancement in that career and I would not be able to support myself and my son on my salary. I was also applying for teaching positions in local school districts trying to land a job with my new degree. After a few short months, I realized that there were very few job openings and even more bills coming my way. That is when I found Walker Marketing & Consultants, and submitted my resume. A few days later, I was contacted for an interview.

That interview has lead me to where I am today! I have been with Walker Marketing & Consultants for two and a half months now, and can't tell you the possibilities that have been presented to me. My absolute favorite thing about my job is the people in which I work with. At Walker Marketing and Consultants, we truly are a family. The atmosphere in which I walk into every single morning and evening is one in which I look forward to everyday. We are all so different; however, we all understand each other and each possess something to help lift a burden off of a fellow associate's back. So yes, the managers, assistant managers, administrators, leaders, and account managers are together every day and that's my favorite part of the job. I love seeing my boss and fellow co-workers everyday and that's something I could never say before with any other job.

In the end it all comes down to my son, though. My son is who and what motivates me every single day in the field. I know that what I am doing, some people may not understand, however, the opportunity for growth and advancement in this company is one that will ensure my son a safe and secure future. I wake up every morning with the opportunity to do well for both my son and myself. My son is what makes the bad days good, and the good days even better. At Walker Marketing & Consultants, I know I have a home to go to every morning that is filled with family members and support. I love my job! :)



Congratulations on receiving Leader of the Week, Heather!! Keep up all your hard work and dedication!

No comments:

Post a Comment